Small sized pastry with the ultimate summer fruit.
Summer tastes like strawberries and strawberries taste like summer. It’s a given. Somehow summer hasn’t found the Amsterdam atmosphere yet, so I look for my piece of the season in the taste of the fruit of the moment: strawberries.
All day errday. In my yogurt for breakfast, in my smoothie(bowl), in my salad, as snack. For dessert, simply fresh with some whipped cream. D-i-v-i-n-e.
But, as for all freshly bought fruits they tend to go bad after a day or two. Or at least look a little… questionable. That’s the point you use them for either a syrup or put it in some sort of pastry.
I chose the latter this time, for my BF and me. As a crumble and in a small glass cup.
For 2 crumbles you need:
- 100 gr flower
- 65 gr butter
- 60 gr sugar
- Little bit of lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- Handfull of strawberries, diced
- 1-2 tb sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (Celsius, convection oven)
- Mix al dough ingredients in a bowl together until you have a crumbly dough. Leave it to rest in de fridge.
- Mix sugar and strawberries together and fill up the cup slightly over the half and fill up the rest with the crumble dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes of till golden brown.
P.s. adding raspberries is also tasty. Or use use raspberries instead of strawberries :P